[Video] 7 Giant Wooden Trolls In The Wilderness Of The Belgian Forest

My name is Thomas Dambo. I build giant wooden trolls around the world and hide them in wilderness and forests. By doing this, I hope to lure people away from concrete cities and computer screens, into the wild and reconnect them with the natural world. I build all my enormous sculptures of recycled materials to show the potential in this precious material, which is often discarded and becomes a threat to the natural world.
More info: thomasdambo.com



Since I was a child, I always loved to hear different fairytales and folklore stories, and dream myself away into magical worlds filled with dragons and trolls. As a teenager, I started writing my own stories as a rapper, putting out records, touring and creating a universe, where I could tell these stories. In my latest project, I combined all of the above. Recycling, Rapping, Nature, and Sculptures.



The project is called “The 7 Trolls and The Magical Tower.” It’s a fairytale, told through sculptures and words, hidden in a forest, all made of recycled materials. I know it sounds a bit confusing, but watch the video and it will all make sense.



Here are a couple of facts about my work:

  • The height of the 7 trolls ranges from 7 to 18 meters (23 to 59 feet). The tower is 17 meters (56 feet).

  • It took me and my crew of 15 people around 25 weeks to build.

  • The wood is mainly old shelves from a supermarket, pallets, and branches from fallen trees.

  • It is located in a Belgian forest.





Check out the video below to learn more about my project


 





https://youtu.be/tCl7bU76E3Q



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80+ Nature Art translation Aaron Schuerr

Justin Peters: What If Everything You Imagined Could Be Real (New Pics)

Welsh Monsters & Mythical Beasts Watercolor Artwork Collette J Ellis